If you’re now reading this, then I guess you finally came up with the question that almost every vacation rental or hotel owner eventually starts to think about: how to get more direct bookings and pay less to Airbnb and Booking?
Well, the answer depends on many factors.
Let’s face it: it’s tough to operate in the market if you’re not on Airbnb, Booking and other OTAs. Most millennial travelers use those platforms for booking online. Only Booking.com has around 100 million users on its mobile app. At the same time, Airbnb has more than 150 million worldwide users that have booked over 1 billion stays.
Those numbers mean only one thing: it’s nearly essential to register your property on OTAs if you want your vacation rental to be noticed.
However, you shouldn’t completely rely on them. First of all, OTA commissions can reach up to 20%. This money for sure could be used for better purposes.
Secondly, many OTAs are not providing you contact details of the guests so you won’t be able to get in touch with them directly in the future. That’s how they remain the main sales channel for many vacation rentals and hotels.
Is there a way around it?
Hotel Marketers and business development specialists usually would offer you to build your own website to get more direct bookings.
But we have another solution that’s more comfortable for users, cost-effective, simple, and customizable. Instead of building a complex website, you can just set up a link in bio page by booklee in 2 minutes.
I know. Sounds totally unbelievable. Just give me a minute to show you why booklee is a better option for you.
Direct booking website Vs. link in bio booklee
Link in bio pages are very popular among influencers and brands. However, they are not that widely used by vacation rentals and hostels since you can’t connect all the necessary widgets to them.
That’s why we created booklee — a simple link in bio specifically designed for vacation rentals and hotels that allows you to:
- Create a page with a unique link in 2 minutes.
- Display listings from multiple OTA’s and your own direct booking option.
- Show pictures,
- Aggregate reviews from multiple sources.
- Promote special discounts and offers.
- Update information and customize your page in seconds, from any device.
Now, back to the main question: why you should choose link in bio option instead of a website?
- Link in bio pages are much more cost-effective. Building a website from scratch requires a lot of time, effort, and money. You need to hire a developer and web designer if you want a decent result. Link in bio pages are created in minutes: all you need for that is a few images, links to booking platforms, and the information required to contact your property directly.
- Link in bio pages are incredibly easy to use. Potential customers see all the necessary links and information on one simple page.
- Link in bio page is easier to customize. Changing content on a website can be a headache. With a link in bio page, you are able to instantly update images, videos, text, links content in seconds, from every device. Freedom!
- Finally, people now access the internet from their smartphones and tablets, and link in bio pages are designed to be mobile-friendly. This makes it easier for potential customers to browse your vacation rental or hotel on the go.
And here’s how link in bio booklee can practically help you to get more direct bookings.
Include a simple direct booking option on your link in bio page
The first step to increasing direct bookings is to make sure that you have a simple and easy-to-use booking option on your link in bio booklee page.
I suggest you include your direct booking option on the top. You may also want to consider including a discount to incentivize potential customers to book directly. If you can’t give a discount right now, you can promise a lower price for the second booking/free breakfast/transfer.
Put your bookl.ee link everywhere. Literally everywhere.
Once you have a direct booking option on your link in bio page, you need to make sure that people can find it.
This means putting your unique bookl.ee link everywhere:
- on social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tiktok.
- in your blog
- on your business card
- in your email signature
- and even on your car bumper sticker
Also, don’t forget to put the link directly in your property: you can include it in your welcome sign.
Just like this.
Step up your social media game
Social media is a powerful tool for getting direct bookings.
Make sure that you have a presence on major social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Tiktok. Put your Bookle link in the bio.
Consider the fact that only occasional posts with regular pictures do not work now. You should be consistent.
Also, make reels about your rental: show around your rental, share the main attractions of the location, give some tips on where to eat/drink/have fun/go on a hike.
Choose colors, tone of voice, photos that can be easily associated with your vacation rental. Bold visuals create a memorable and engaging experience.
And of, course, engage with your followers to build relationships and encourage direct bookings.
Don’t be shy: ask everyone for reviews
Asking for feedback and putting positive reviews on your booklee link in bio page is a great way to increase direct bookings. People are more likely to book with you if they know that other people have had a positive experience.
Make sure to ask all of your customers for feedback. If there are any negative reviews, respond to them quickly and professionally.
Increasing direct bookings using link in bio for rentals and hostels can be challenging. But with the right approach, you can ensure that you get the most out of your link in bio page and maximize your profits. Sign up to start getting more direct bookings already today!